Want to report a damaged mail box or lawn? Report it
Current Road Construction Projects
Alice Street/Saintsbury Line - Drawings
Winter Road Maintenance
Lucan Biddulph's winter road maintenance program aims to provide safe roads and sidewalks at an affordable price. The municipality has a well-equipped, 24/7 response team that maintains the roadways and sidewalks.
After the snowfall ends, it can take 8 to 12 hours to clear priority roads, and 24 hours to clear all municipal roads. A larger or continuous snowfall event may extend the time necessary to clear snow from local streets and cul-de-sacs.
Sidewalks are cleared after more than 5 cm of snow accumulates. Sidewalk clearing is generally completed within 24 to 48 hours after the end of the storm; however, when we have a heavy snowfall, or successive winter events back to back, it will take longer to clear all sidewalks. Sidewalks are cleared to a snow packed condition, as the snow equipment does not allow for clearing down to bare pavement.
How can you help after a snow event?
- Be patient. In heavy snowfalls it takes us longer to get all our roads cleared.
- Be a good neighbour. Help those who may not be able to shovel their driveways and sidewalks.
- Don't park on the street during a snowfall - or immediately following a snowfall if plowing is still needed. Also, please do not park your vehicle at the very end of a driveway or across the sidewalk/boulevard area. Plow operators are not able to do their job properly if there are parked vehicles in the way.
- Keep a safe distance from plow trucks on the roads and do not attempt to pass. Vehicles attempting to pass create a safety risk for everyone on the road.
- Don't place snow from sidewalks or driveways on the street. It creates a hazard for vehicles, and the Highway Traffic Act prohibits the placing of snow or ice on a roadway.
- If you have a fire hydrant on or around their property, please clear the snow.
Notices about planned road closures are included in our Public Notices. Whenever possible, information on emergency road closures is shared via social media and posted on the website.